The impact you make now, and in the future, depends on partnering with a team prepared to help you fulfill your higher mission. You need high-value solutions from a client-centered team dedicated to fiduciary excellence.
The Colony Group Institutional Advisory Practice’s expertise is in providing complete Outsourced Chief Investment Office (‘OCIO’) services to endowment, foundation, and select family relationships. We provide investment advisory services to owners and stewards of substantial wealth, engaging in rigorous, long-term, value-oriented investing. We take our fiduciary responsibility seriously and help organizations follow fiduciary best practices.
Everything we do is tied to driving your mission. Our approach emphasizes the concept of “mission sustainability,” a focus on making your budget or financial goals a reality.
We serve as your outsourced Chief Investment Officer – becoming an extension of your staff to fulfill critical functions that support you, your team and your mission. Whether you’re funding key programs in the near future or establishing longer-term priorities, our institutional investment advisors help prioritize your goals today while planning for the future.
We integrate leading industry research and unbiased economic forecasting to apply our best thinking to your unique circumstances. Through extensive analysis, we determine the best allocation and manager line-up for your organization. The result is a customized, well-defined solution specifically designed to support your priorities while maximizing returns and proactively managing risk.
As a community foundation executive director, Pam needed a caring partner and powerful resources to help her board invest and manage their funds to sustain their mission for years to come. Read more.
With over 20 year’s experience, Colony’s Institutional Advisory Practice’s expertise is in providing complete Outsourced Chief Investment Office (‘OCIO’) services to endowment, foundation and select family relationships.
• Amend, implement and monitor the IPS, including: setting long-term strategic asset allocation targets, tactical ranges around strategic asset allocation targets, and advice on spending policy
• Source and select investment managers, including: Initial investment and operational due diligence, ongoing monitoring, hiring and replacing managers as needed
• Manage the portfolio within the parameters set forth by the client
• Negotiate terms (liquidity and fees) with investment managers
• Review documents (subscription documents, offering memorandums, annual audits, etc.)
• Assist with the management and scheduling of cash flows associated with legacy private equity and other illiquid investments
• Provide timely performance reporting
• Provide robust operational support and all the necessary services of a full-time office
Our sustainable investing solutions can enable your organization to invest in ways that align with your values. We will work with your investment committee and staff to tailor our sustainable strategies to consider your environmental, social and governance priorities.
Tim joined The Colony Group in 2015 with CapGroup Advisors and is a Managing Director of the firm’s Institutional Advisory Practice, a...
Lisa is a Senior Investment Advisor and a key member of the Institutional Advisory Practice at The Colony Group, with more than 20...
As an investment professional, Andrew serves as President of Colony’s Institutional Advisory Practice. Andrew and his team provide a full spectrum...
Frank is the Chief Investment Officer of The Colony Group’s Family Office Practice. He also manages several institutional and private client portfolios...
As a Senior Portfolio Manager in the Institutional Advisory Practice team at The Colony Group, Rob provides comprehensive solutions to the...
As the Chief Investment Officer of Colony’s Institutional Advisory Practices, Pier is responsible for all aspects of the investment process —...
Our Institutional Investment advisors are excited to connect with you.